Top 7 Apps To Improve Your Daily Healthcare
Keeping yourself healthy can be hard work, and we could all use a little help in that area. Luckily, your smartphone can be a robust medical accessory, especially if you have the right resources and mobile apps.
Currently, there’s a variety of free and premium medical apps on the market. Telemedicine and telehealth apps are making healthcare more accessible, less expensive, more preventative, and in many cases downright better. Below you will find ten apps that are all valuable examples. While they certainly shouldn’t replace your routine trip to the doctor, they may make your life a tad easier day to day.
1. HealthiestYou: HealthiestYou allows you to consult with a doctor 24/7 to diagnose, treat, and often prescribe for an array of medical issues. With real-time insurance connectivity for more than 450 carriers, one can stay up-to-date with coverage information and compare cash vs. insurance pricing for common procedures, both locally and nationally. One main feature includes intelligent alerts based on context and location, to help members better utilize their current insurance plans and services.
Platforms: Android, iOS, Web. Fees: Less than $1 a day.
2. Medici: Medici is a mobile healthcare app that allows patients to text, call or video chat with their personal doctor, specialist, therapist, etc. This app makes it easy to ask your doctors questions, get health advice, and collaborate with your doctors in order to prevent unnecessary visits to your doctors’ offices. There’s no need to sit in a waiting room for hours when your doctor is a text away!
Platforms: Android, iOS. Fees: Free for patients.
3. MyChart: MyChart allows you to access your medical records on your smartphone at any time. You can quickly and easily see which vaccinations you’ve had and when, along with the last time you visited the doctor, and which prescriptions you’re taking. You can even send a non-urgent message to your clinic and receive a response within a couple days, schedule visits from directly within the app, and request prescription refills.
Platforms: Web, iOS, Android. Fees: Free.
4. Medisafe – Pill & Med Reminder: Medisafe is a HIPAA compliant reminder app that helps patients keep track of which medications they have to take and when they need to take them. Patients can request their medical information through the app, allowing them to track their vital signs and adjust medication times as needed. The app has customizable reminders in order to make the action more entertaining, as well as offering coupons for certain medications and reminding users when they need to order refills.
Platforms: Android, iOS. Fees: Free with ads; $4.99/month ad-free.
5. CarePassport: CarePassport is a trusted healthcare app that helps patients to access all of their medical data, including lab results, dental records, medical images and more from their healthcare providers. Differing from other patient portal apps, CarePassport lets patients gather their medical information from various providers and medical institution, while remaining HIPAA compliant. The secure platform also allows patients to request medical records, view vital signs and even book doctor’s appointments.
Platforms: Android, iOS, Web. Fees: Free for patients.
6. Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock: Sleep Cycle alarm clock is an app that tracks your sleep cycles to help regulate your sleep patterns. Unlike most sleep trackers, the app doesn’t require your phone to be under your pillow in order to more adequately track your heart rate while you sleep. It simply needs to be near you while you sleep. After analyzing and determining when you are in light sleep, the app works to gently wake you up without disrupting your body’s natural rhythm.
Platforms: Android, iOS. Fees: Free; $29.99/year for premium.
7. Text4Baby: Pregnant women and new mothers can utilize Text4Baby for all kinds of health-related pregnancy advice, reminders, and/or help. Text4Baby is organized through the National Healthy Mothers and Healthy Babies Coalition, using SMS messages.
Platforms: Web, iOS. Fees: Free; no messaging charges for nearly all U.S. carriers.