Health Insurance for Individuals and Families
To view rates instantly, CLICK HERE!
Or fill out this form, and someone will contact you shortly! >>
Or talk with a friendly licensed health insurance expert: 828-348-2583
Request a Quote
Call now: 828-348-2583
Or fill in this short form:
Annual Open Enrollment for 2023 health insurance plans begins on November 1, 2022 and closes on December 15, 2022!
Annual Open Enrollment Period for Asheville health insurance plans and all other plans through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace will last for only 45 days. From November 1, 2022 through December 15, 2022 will be the only time you can view new health insurance plans for 2023, enroll in health insurance, and make changes to your existing family or individual insurance plans for 2023, unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Affordable health insurance can be purchased in North Carolina through WNC Health Insurance, an independent authorized agency of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina®. During this 45 day enrollment window we will walk you through enrolling in the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace, help you fill out the forms, and help you decide on the best insurance plan for you and your family next year, 2023. If you miss the Annual Open Enrollment Period for the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace, you will need to wait to purchase affordable health insurance in North Carolina until the next Annual Open Enrollment Period for 2024, unless you experience a Qualifying Life Event. If you experience a Qualifying Life Event you may apply for a Special Enrollment Period and be able to enroll or make changes to your health insurance outside of the Annual Open Enrollment Period!
Adding / Removing Dependents, Reporting Income Changes, Terminating Coverage, Verifying Income.
Our office can help with these changes!
- Adding Dependents: Must be the result of a qualifying life event. Call our office at 828-348-2583
- Removing Dependents: Must be the result of a qualifying life event. Call our office at 828-348-2583
- Reporting Income Changes: Call our office at 828-348-2583
- Terminating Coverage: Can be done online through healthcare.gov or by phone our office at 828-348-2583
- Verifying Income: Can be done online through healthcare.gov or by calling our office at 828-348-2583
North Carolina’s Health Insurance Marketplace
The Federal Health Insurance Marketplace provides North Carolinians with access to some of the most affordable health insurance plans available. During the Annual Open Enrollment Period, or if you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, WNC Health Insurance can assist you in finding the best health plans under The Affordable Care Act. We are your one stop shop for navigating through the Health Insurance Marketplace. We are here to help you find the necessary health insurance to secure your family’s insurance needs, at no additional cost to you. The Federal Health Insurance Marketplace is responsible for handling applications for ACA health insurance coverage. North Carolinians should start their health insurance research process by calling us at 828-348-2583. We will help you navigate the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace, and choose the best, most affordable plans that comply with The Affordable Care Act. We will help your health insurance application process go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Call us at 828-348-2583 right now!
Common Health Insurance Terms
In order to make finding and understanding your health insurance plan and its benefits easier, here are the definitions of commonly used health insurance terminology:
- The amount you pay monthly (sometimes annually) to be enrolled in a health insurance plan.
- The amount you have to pay for healthcare services annually before your insurance pays anything.
- A flat amount you pay out-of-pocket for a covered service, such as a visit to your primary care provider.
- Out-of-pocket Maximum
- A set amount that limits how much you have to pay out-of-pocket annually for healthcare services covered by your health insurance plan.
- The percentage of medical payments you are responsible for paying out-of-pocket after you meet your deductible.
Affordable Health Insurance Coverage
There are federal subsidies available for medium-to-low income North Carolinians to help pay for the cost of insurance premiums for plans purchased through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace during the Annual Open Enrollment Period, or a Special Enrollment Period. All plans that are offered in the Health Insurance Marketplace are required to meet minimal coverage requirements that have been deemed essential benefits by the new health care law. As of 2014, insurance providers may no longer raise premiums or deny coverage due to a pre-existing condition. You will see four types of plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace:
- Catastrophic Health Plans
- Available to individuals under 30 and with special circumstances.
- Bronze Health Plans
- Lowest premium with highest out-of-pocket expenses.
- Silver Health Plans
- Mid-range plans eligible for cost share reductions.
- Gold Health Plans
- Highest premium with lowest out-of-pocket expenses.
The cost of health insurance on each of these four plans will vary based on the amount you pay out-of-pocket for medical expenses and the actual amount the plan will pay for. To learn about the benefits of buying health insurance on the Health Insurance Marketplace, or for more information on how the Healthcare Reform Law impacts the insurance plan you have, call us right now at 828-348-2583.
Insurance Coverage in North Carolina
One of the largest insurance carriers in North Carolina, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina®, or Blue Cross NC®, offers health insurance plans on the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace that meet the requirements set forth by the Healthcare Reform Law. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina® is the only health insurance company that offers subsidized coverage in all 100 counties in North Carolina, through the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace. For help in choosing the best health insurance policy in North Carolina, contact WNC Health Insurance today! Click this link for information about the Blue Cross NC Non-Discrimination Policy and Accessibility Services.